This is my platform for sharing the exciting parts of my life with Vivek with all my friends and loved ones. I do at times also express my mundane views on the mundane things of life.

4/23/2006

Eierleset 06


Today morning Amit left early, so we again had a wonderful sunny day with warm weather at our disposal.
We went for cycling and after that went for the Egg festival in the centre of Muttenz, where we live.
There some children performed dances and we all got bread and eggs free of cost to eat. It was really interesting to note that there were 3 stands where people were cooking either fried eggs or scrambled eggs and serving them warm with fresh bread from farms free and pother stands where one could buy drinks and crèpes( french pancakes). I could not make out the significance of this fest, but will surely let you know more once i find out:-)
As the weather was nice Vivek enjoyed a cold Beer there along with eggs and bread. Now after 2 weeks of lovely vacation have to be back at uni tom :-(
( This is a pamphlet announcing the Festival)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nidhi,

I bet that one person would not need to know the significance for this fest to enjoy it. Vivek B missed it BIG TIME!!!!

Gr8 that you have sun over there, we are anxiously awaiting it´s arrival here ;-)

Have a nice week ahead!!!!

Noopur

Sunday, April 23, 2006

 
Blogger Shweta & Rajeev's World said...

Hi Nidhi,

Thats really great! Your getting to experience another culture , a new lifestyle and thats so nice. I think one must work in another country atleast once in his lifetime!!

P.S Will someone please explain this to my patriotic Indian husband!!!!

Monday, April 24, 2006

 
Blogger Nidhi said...

Ya Shweta,
I guess its really nice to be out of your country to just experience differences in cultures and in attitudes. I guess all this multi culti environment makes you grow as a person and become more absorbant and tolerant to other people!!
Though I must add we do miss India a lot! our family n the environment the festivals and the hustel and bustle and the lovely chaats and yummy food :-)

Thursday, April 27, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

  •