This is my platform for sharing the exciting parts of my life with Vivek with all my friends and loved ones. I do at times also express my mundane views on the mundane things of life.

5/21/2006

Discovering India



This saturday we went for our friend Murali's birthday Party. The ambience was great and the food was very yummy. One of the interesting part of the evening was his beautiful cuckoo clock, with the window opening and chimes sounding at every hour. Thanx Murali for the wonderful party!

After enjoying murali's very dif ( diff from our north indian cuisine) and very yummy food, just wanted to share a thought today:

Before I came to Europe I was not in so much contact with people from others parts of India. Having been brought up in North India with my entire education done there I didnt get much opportunity to interact with Indians from other parts of India. After coming to Europe, I met many people, good n bad from different parts of India, some from bengal some from south some from east, so its been kind of cultural education not only of europe for me but also of my own country. Its really interesting to note the different cuisines, different languages and the different way of thinking they have. The best part is when you are out of your own country you tend to bind up and come closer to other fellow indians, and there is no superficiality in the relationship. I guess i am in a very diff mood today, so hope u will be able to get a clue of my train of thought. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Shweta & Rajeev's World said...

Hi Nidhi, I completely agree with you that it is very good to know people coming from all walks of life and all parts of India. Since I was bron and brought up in Maharashtra , Pune to be specific and also since all my relatives live in Mumbai and Goa I have always been a part of cosmo atmosphere. Infact in our building , we had people of almost all castes and religions staying and we used to call our society as MINI INDIA!! Whether it was my school group , college group or outside friends , it has always been a mixed bag of people of different castes. Infact most the North Indians , South Indians , Gujratis , Bengalis , Marathis , Muslims , Christians born and brought up here know eacjothers culture , sometimes langauge as well and enjoy it. Whethere its Eid , Christmas , Diwali , we have always celebrated it together and its really really good fun!!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

 
Blogger Nidhi said...

hi shweta, you r truly lucky for the cosmo environs! I also have been brought up in hindu family, studied in a convent school with christian influence throughout and we did celebrate all the festivals when i was in hostel in delhi for 5 years, but after coming here i have seen the day to day things and thinking of people which i didnt observe in India..
All the best for the rest of ur exams!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

  •