An incident..
I was coming back from Germany yesterday when something happened...On the train there was a middle aged german who passed a very racial and bad comment on an african who had crossed the train compartment with his blond girlfriend. Even after they had passed through he said something bad in german, all the people who were sitting around him told him to shut his mouth and went and called police. The policeman made him forcibly get down at the next station and gave him some kind of warning.
I felt it was so nice of all the other passengers who raised a voice against the wrongdoing and respected their fellow human although he was an african. Even better was that the police responded to their complaints and sent that man out of the train. I wish, in India also all this was possible where we are generally told to mind our own businesses and turn a blind eye to things happening to others ...just a thought...
Here we have a loong weekend beginning today so planning to do some spring cleaning with Vivek..


3 Comments:
This is amazing. Yes how I wish in India as well they have this practice of raising your voice against any discrimination. Atleast now this has started for mass level problems like the current medical students protests against quota seats has spread like wildfire in each and every nook and corner of India! It started in Delhi with the AIIMS students raising a voice and now every small or big city from from Kashmir to Kanyakumari is protesting. I think thats a good sign.
Friday, May 26, 2006
Shweta I totally agree with you that it's really nice to see all students protesting together against the quota system, In fact this reminds me of the mandal comission, when I was in Class 7th and at that time also all students came together to raise their voice.
Friday, May 26, 2006
I was impressed to read about the incident you described. It takes a very mature society to take action when they see something wrong -and they're obviously backed up by the law enforcement...so good for them! It's definitely an example to follow.
I remember reading in the paper about a young man in a train station in Mumbai. He was stading too close to the edge on the platform and got hit by the train. A camera captured him as he got hurt and everybody around him just kept walking. I think that's a phenomenon that occurs in highly overpopulated places. Strange isnt' it?
Saturday, May 27, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home